see the categories and sub-categories
- Air Velocity
- Coating Thickness
- Compressed Air
- Concrete Thickness Meter
- Crane Scales
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Flue Gas Analysis
- Flue Gas Leakage
- Gas Detection
- Light Intensity
- Reinforcement Bar Locator
- Water Leak Detectors
- Wind Speed
Ultrasonic Clamp-On Flowmeters
Model 1.0 Portable - Transit Time Flow Meter
- Non-Contacting Clamp-on Ultrasonic Transducers
- Works on clean fluids in Metal and Plastic Pipes
- Large Backlit Flow Rate Display and Totalizer
- Built-in 5-Key Calibrator
- 4-20mA Output
- Built-in Data Logger with Windows software
- To suit pipe sizes from 12 to 1200 mm dia.(½" to 48")
Model 1.0 Portable Flowmeter
Recommended for fluids like water, glycol, oils and chemicals. Use it for calibrations, troubleshooting, flow surveys and as a temporary transmitter to replace inline flowmeters.
The ultrasonic transducers strap-on the outside of pipes from ½" to 48" (12 to 1200 mm) diameter. The ultrasonic signal works through common pipe materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, cast iron, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, copper, brass, aluminum and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber and Teflon. Transducers can be mounted without shutting down flow and there is no obstruction or pressure drop. It measures and totalizes forward and reverse flow.
The Model 1.0 Portable Transit Time Flow Meter operates by measuring the "transit time" or "time of flight" for ultrasonic sound pulses transmitted from one transducer to another. Depending on the mounting configuration the signal may cross the pipe once, twice or four times. To measure flow the transit time is compared between ultrasonic signals travelling upstream and downstream.
User-Friendly Operating System
Calibration is easy with the onscreen menu system. Just enter the pipe diameter, wall thickness and pipe material. The Flow Meter is powered by an internal, rechargeable NiMH battery or can be operated continuously with AC power adapter. Each Flow Meter includes a watertight carry case, transducer set, cables and mounting clamps.
Built-in Data Logger with Windows Software Included
Set up the 300,000 point data logger to store time and date-stamped flow readings from 10 second to 5 minute intervals. View the convenient on-screen 'Flow Report' where total, minimum, maximum and average flow rates are stored in a 24 hour daily summary.
Transfer flow logs to your PC or laptop through the Flow Meter's USB output. Logger software (included) displays data in both graph and table formats with one-click export to Microsoft Excel®, images or CSV files for use in other programs.
Standard Features Include:
pair SE16B ultrasonic transducers - clamp-on for 1/2" to 48" (12 mm to 1200 mm) pipes
transducer cables - 12 ft (3.5m) coaxial with BNC connectors
flow rate range: ± 0.07 to 39 ft/sec (± 0.02 to 12 m/sec)
installation - stainless steel transducer brackets, mounting clamps, alignment bar and silicone coupling compound kit
enclosure - portable ABS with rugged IP67 carry case
display - white, backlit matrix LCD
totalizer - 14 digit
calibration - built-in 5-key programmer
damping - keypad adjustable
power input - built-in NiMH battery for up to 18 hours operation
- external charger with 100-240VAC power input
outputs - USB, 4-20mA (500 ohm with charger connection)
data logger - fully programmable 300,000 point capacity
Logger' PC software for Windows™
1 set cables - 4-20mA and USB
Model 5 Portable Flowmeter for Dirty Liquids & Slurries
Ideal for measuring full pipe flow of any liquid containing gas bubbles or solids larger than 100 microns and in concentrations greater than 75 ppm. The Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter is fast and easy to use - you can mount the sensor on the outside a pipe and calibrate the flow meter in just a few minutes. Recommended for "difficult liquids" like wastewater, slurries, sludge, chemicals, viscous liquids and abrasives. Measures flow through most metal and plastic pipes including PVC, steel, stainless steel.
The instrument is AC/DC powered with a built-in battery and charger. With its 4-20mA output you can use the flow meter as a spare transmitter for critical applications. For flow troubleshooting, the RS232 output can be connected to your computer or modem to receive and log flow at programmable intervals. PC software is included with each instrument and data files can be imported to any spreadsheet program for analysis and graphing.
- No Contact with the liquid
- No Pipe cutting required: Install without shutting down flow
- Low-cost: Strap-on Sensor fits any pipe size
- Optional intrinsically safe Sensors
- Ideal for "difficult liquids" including raw sewage, treated effluent, stormwater, sludge, slurries abrasives, viscous and corrosive chemicals, performance evaluation, projects, etc.
- Pipe Ranges 12.5mm to 4500mm ID
- forward and reverse flow ± 0.1 to 40 ft/sec (± 0.03 to 12.2 m/sec).
- Single Strap-on sensor head with 3.6m cable
- Accuracy +/- 2% FS (Requires solids/bubbles 100 microns min)
- Repeatability +/- 0.25% with unchanged sensor position
- Linearity +/- 0.5%
- Fluid Temp -40° to 300°F (-40° to 150°C)
- Pipe Materials Steel, St Steel, Copper, Rigid Plastic etc
- Power Supply 100-240VAC 50/60Hz &Internal Battery
- Battery Life 18 hrs continuous operation
- Outputs 0/4-20 mA 500 ohms,
- Have a built-in 300,000 point data logger, USB output and connecting cables.
- Display Velocity, Flow Rate & Total, in selectable Eng. units
- Sensor Cable 15m Extension Cable
- Mounting Fixed installation models available
Open Channel & Partially Filled Flow Meters
PFP Flow Logger
Portable Flow Logger For Open Channels & Partially Filled Pipes
- Portable Flow Logger For Open Channels & Part Filled Pipes
- Pipe / Channel Sizes Limited only by velocity and depth
- Velocity Range 0.03 - 3.03 m/sec
- Depth Range 25.4mm to 4.5m
- Sensor QZ02 Single sensor head with 7.6m cable
- Accuracy Level +/- 0.25% of range, Velocity +/- 2% of reading
- Fluid Temp -15oC to +65oC
- Power Supply 4 x "D" Battery Cells
- Battery Life Logger Interval dependent
- Outputs 0/4-20 mA into 500 ohms,
- Comms RS232 28,800 Baud rate with serial cable
- Data Logger Memory 130,000 data points,
- Display Real time monitoring, PC presentation of Vel, Level & Temp.
- Flow Derived volumetric flow plotting
- Sensor Mounting Mounting Bands for pipes from 150 to 1800mm
- Sensor Cable 15m Extension Cable with water tight connectors
- Mounting Fixed installation model available
Applications for-Area-Velocity Flow Meters
- Sewer Flow
- Infiltration Studies
- Stormwater Monitoring
- Natural Streams
- Irrigation Water
- Reuse Water
111/211 series handheld flow meters
Highly accurate water velocity instruments for measuring flows in streams. The flow meters consist of the protected Turbo-Prop positive displacement sensor coupled by the expandable probe handle to the digital readout display and incorporate true velocity averaging for the most accurate flow measurements. They are ideal for storm water runoff studies, measuring flows in rivers and streams as well as ditches and sewers.
Turbo-Prop Sensor the unique Turbo-Prop propeller sensor uses the most accurate positive displacement technique for velocity sensing. The Turbo-Prop is designed to shed debris and is protected inside a 2" diameter housing. The probe housing may be placed directly on the bottom of pipes or stream beds for measuring low flows down to 50mm (2") in depth. The Turbo-Prop rotates freely on its bearing shaft with no mechanical interconnections for minimal friction. Magnetic material in the propeller tip passes the pickup coil in the housing producing electrical impulses which are carried to the readout display by an internal cable. The Turbo-Prop, the onlymoving part, is easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
Digital Readout Display The Digital Readout Display receives the electrical signal from the propeller, amplifies it and converts the reading to meters per second (or feet per second). The Readout displays instantaneous velocity and true average velocity. The Readout unit is completely waterproof and incorporates a unique two button operation for changing functions and zeroing the display. Internal watch type battery powers the unit continuously for one year and it is easily replaced. Also available on the Readout are maximum velocity, time-of-day and stop watch.
The handheld flow meter handle of model 111 is telescoping and is expandable from 1.1... .1.8m in length (3 feet to 6 feet) or 1.7 ... 4.6m (5 feet to 15 feet) with model 211. It is constructed of anodized aluminium for light weight and long life. The flow probe may be easily extended to 25 feet in length using standard PVC pipe and an electrical extension cable. This allows sewer flow measurements from street level and measuring stream flows from the bridge.
True Velocity Averaging The Flow meter uses true velocity averaging. When the Readout is zeroed by pushing both buttons or when the probe is inserted into flowing water, a running average is started. As long as the probe remains in the flow, the averaging continues. Once the average reading becomes steady, the true average velocity has been obtained. When you pull the probe from the water, this average value is frozen on the display until reset.
Range: 0.3-19.9 FPS (0.1-6.1 MPS)
Accuracy: 0.1 FPS
Averaging: True digital running average. Updated once per second.
Display: LCD, Glare and UV Protected
Control: 4 button
Datalogger: 30 sets, MIN, MAX, and AVG
Features: Timer, Low battery warning
Sensor Type: Protected Turbo-Prop propeller with magnetic pickup.
Weight: Instrument: 2 lbs. (0.9 kg) (Model 111), 3 lbs. (1.4 kg) (Model 211)
Shipping: 13 lbs. (5.9 kg) (Model 111)), 23 lbs. (10.4 kg) ((Model 211)
Expandable Length: 3.7 to 6 ft (1.1 to 1.8 m) (Model 111)); 5.5 to 15 ft (1.7 to 4.6 m) (Model 211)
Probe: PVC and anodized aluminum with stainless steel water bearing
Computer: ABS/Polycarbonate housing with polyester overlay
Power: Internal Lithium Battery, Approx 5 year life, Non-Replaceable
Operating Temperature: -4° to 158° F (-20° to 70° C)
Storage Temperature: -22° to 176° F (-30° to 80° C)
Carrying Case: The Flow Probe is shipped in a padded carrying case.